Thursday, March 17, 2011

How to Make drawings on the computer? (Beginning)


I used to think "How do artists draw really good drawings and graphics on the computer with there mouse." Then I heard about drawing on a sheet of paper and scanning it to your computer, and uploading it to a drawing/illustrating program (adobe) and tracing it. But still after you did that you would still have to trace it with a mouse. Then I found out about the tablet. There are many tablets including the Wacom tablets. A tablet is basically a device where you have the tablet itself and then a pen. You draw on the tablet with your pen and BAM its on the computer (you can still go through the same process above, drawing, scanning, tracing with your tablet).

What is the best drawing tablet brand? I would say it would be Wacom. Wacom is very popular and has a lot of good drawing tablet models so you don't have to pick from just two. The three types of Wacom tablets are: Bamboo, Intuos, and Cintiq. In each type there are many different tablets. The one I have is the Intuos 4 (medium), and I will post some pictures of it later on today or maybe this week. Its for the average tablet drawer. The Wacom Bamboo tablets are more for people who don't draw as much, and the Wacom Cintiq tablets are for serious pros (in my opinion, you might think differently).

No comments:

Post a Comment